From:                              Angus Personal [angus.mcnicoll@tiscali.co.uk]

Sent:                               01 November 2011 22:09

To:                                   Innes Duffus

Cc:                                   caldermcnicoll alan

Subject:                          Re: Autobiography

Dear Innes

I have already discussed this with my brother, and we are both in agreement that we are happy to provide permission for our father's autobiography notes to be published in full.

It's a lovely, long lasting memory of our dad who worked so hard to provide us both with a great childhood and fantastic support in later life.

Kind regards

Angus McNicoll

Sent from the iPhone of: -

Angus McNicoll Bsc. MRPharmS

Care Services Manager

Davidsons Chemists

21-24 Wellmeadow

Blairgowrie

Perthshire

PH10 6AT

Tel 01250 872308

Fax 01250 875299

Mobile 07809 396679

The information in this email may be of a confidential nature. It is intended for the named recipients only. If you have received in error you are not permitted to take copies or disclose the information herein to any other person. If required you must delete this message and notify us of the error. The views expressed in this email do not necessarily reflect those of Davidsons Chemists and its staff. Any messages sent may be monitored, consequently you should not reply if you do not agree with this policy. Walter Davidson and Sons Ltd, 21-24 Wellmeadow, Blairgowrie PH10 6AT. Registered in Scotland No. 29652

On 1 Nov 2011, at 16:19, "Innes Duffus" <duffus@clara.co.uk> wrote:

Dear Mr McNicoll

Iain Flett kindly allowed me to read your father's fascinating autobiography.

I am putting the finishing touches to a large web site in the name of the Nine Incorporated Trades of Dundee which will be live before the end of the year. It is a very large site and quite apart from the Nine Trades, has the history of the Three United Trades, Maltmen, Fraternity of Masters and Seamen, Maltsters and Guildry along with the story of the free port of Veere in the Netherlands, and a number of items of interest connected with Dundee and British History, along with a good deal of history of the Burgh. This does include a number of remininsinces from various sources.

Your father's story, written in his own idiom is quite unique and inspiring.

I am seeking your permission to include it in the Dundee History/People section of the site.

I do realise that it is intensely personal and will quite understand if you decline, after all the copyright is yours.

Please let me know your feelings.

Should you wish to talk with me I can be found at one of the numbers below.

Thank you.

Innes A. Duffus
Archivist to the Nine Incorporated Trades of Dundee
Tel: 01382 826602
Fax 0871 243 9463
Mobile 07801 981 988